--> FlowFramework ReadTheDocs
For the currently supported Neos versions, the basic system requirements are:
- PHP >= 7.3.0 (we recommend the newest released PHP version, as it is generally faster than the version before)
- PHP modules mbstring, tokenizer, xml and pdo_mysql
- PHP functions exec(), shell_exec(), escapeshellcmd() and escapeshellarg()
- It is recommended to install one of the PHP modules VIPS, imagick or gmagick. We also support GD (but it is quite slow, so we do not recommend it for production).
- Database (MySQL > 5.7.7, MariaDB > 10.2.2 and PostgreSQL > 9.4 are supported.)
- Other databases supported by Doctrine DBAL should generally work, but we do not support them officially.
- Web server (Apache or Nginx are supported)
- For development you can also use the embedded PHP server.
- For production, you need one of the above two webservers.
- Only for development, not needed for production
↓ Consult the DB compatibility notes and PHP version matrix below for details
Ensure your PHP CLI version matches the PHP web server version.
DB compatibility notes
- When running MySQL or MariaDB, be aware that the most recent versions of Neos and Flow require at least MariaDB 10.2.2 or MySQL 5.7.7.
- If you run into errors like "Specified key was too long" with MySQL or MariaDB even though you have the required version, make sure you are using the DYNAMIC or COMPRESSED row format.
- When running PostgreSQL 10 or higher, you need at least Flow 5.0 (which means Neos 4.0). For older versions, only PostgreSQL 9.4 – 9.6 are supported.
We suggest that you develop on your local machine, not directly on a remote web server. Then, use Git and some kind of deployment process to deploy your code to a production server.
|Flow version||Neos version||compatible PHP version|
|2.3||1.3||5.3 – 7.0|
|3.0 – 3.3||2.0 – 2.3||5.5 – 7.0|
|4.0 – 4.3||3.0 – 3.3||7.0 – 7.3|
|5.0 – 5.2||4.0 – 4.2||7.1 – 7.3|
|5.3 – 6.3||4.3 – 5.3||7.2+|